Can Zend Framework do scaffolding like Symfony or Cake ? No, would you say after downloading the framework and trying out. But a quick search out there shows that you're not the only one thinking about it. In fact there are many code generators out there for PHP : look out for Codecharge, codeigniter, or any cakephp like framework. What was missing was code specific for Zend Framework, which offers the great advantage of being developped actively and offers new versions often. A quick browse on french developers forum popped up a few applications to be tested, and looking a bit further I found some interesting implementations of scaffolding for Zend Framework :
- easyphpapp is a good start for manually building CRUD for Zend Framework,
- Zenerator is a PHP based application that builds classes for database objects out of templates and live database connection
- ZDBForm is quite old but is good enough to generate very quick CRUD out of Zend_DB_Table
- GEckoToolbox has nice grid and form components. By the way Zend Framework V1.7 is coming out soon with Jquery support.
- Zend Framework data grid generates a table from Zend_DB_TAble
- Another Grid implementation for Zend Framework