Features of the plugin
prestawpbestworlds is a plugin developped on best coding practise for wordpress. With minimum configuration it performs the following actions on a wordpress action, taking logged in customer information from prestashop :
- check prestashop authentification status (logged in or logged out customer)
- upon user identification to prestashop, next access to wordpress will perform :
- user creation if necessary
- automatic wordpress signin
- automatic wordpress logout if prestashop user has signed out
Good Reasons to authenticate prestashop users from within wordpress
Beyond the fact that wordpress is very efficient Content Manager that can complement your prestashop installation for ecommerce, using existing prestashop customer base on a wordpress installation can help you extend services you provide to registered customers : allow them to participate your community web site by commenting (restrict comment to wordpress subscribers), access to private pages, documentation...
- prestashop 1.7 installed in root folder , and wordpress (latest version) installed in sub folder. You can use different databases for both installed, but wordpress HAS to be in a folder below Prestashop , on the same server root directory and share the same domain.
- download the plugin from your email or account on this shop after purchase, install in your wordpress plugin folder, and run !! If you have installed the wordpress just one folder below prestashop, works out of the box, otherwise you have to configure your prestashop path in prestawpbestworlds/public/class-prestawpbestworlds-public.php, line 105
- please note that this plugin is provided without any guarantee, so please make a backup of both wordpress and prestashop install before you go ahead.
- [TOFIX] : if a prestashop user changes password, it does not propagate to wordpress