Like to have the best of both worlds ? seems prestashop and wordpress can communicate, though coding standards can make the develpment of such an integration difficult, even for experienced PHP developers :
Using prestashop modules or content for automatic product display in your wordpres blog
- The plugin "Prestashop Integration" defines a new wordpress shortcode that will display prestashop products in a wordpress installation. Pretty straightforward to get running, no big surprise here.
Using Prestashop Authentification Information to get worpdress behave as logged in
- if you are familiar with Symfony and Composer, you can try this external authentification class : PrestashopBridge. for myself, in spite of expert wordpress knowledge, some knowledge of prestashop and composer tools, I did not manage to get it working : only for the rough guys !
- If you want to share users between two installations you have plugins available
- prestashop-user-compatibility synchronises passwords of prestashop installation to wordpress: but it requires to have synchronized users. This plugin seems to be more like a one time helper for migrating from prestashop to wordpress
- This is why I build prestawpbestworlds, because I want the best of both worlds : this is a premium plugin for wordpress (cost 99$) : a one way real time user and login status synchronizer that will allow currently prestashop customer to user wordpress as connected user, without even having to login again. Login, user creation, logout are all processed via prestashop connection information.