The free gantry framework is one of the many wordpress theme frameworks that come with premium themes distributed by rocketthem.com. One these themes is Omnicron, comes with a nice predesigned table layout that is a good example of clean talbe layout, often used to display various price plans for online services. RokFeatureTable is a theme specific plugin that was initially designed for joomla then adapted to wordpress, produces talbes that details fetaures in a clear column layout
We like commercial frameworks for two reasons : they allow you to devlop many themes with little coding, and they offer another level of wordpress support. This is particularly true for
Standard frameworks all come with handy amdin options such as logo, footer and sidebar widgets, or slidebar, but they are best managed if you have a good knowledge of wordpress and php
- Hybrid framework comes with extremely good support from Justin Tadlock, famous for his tutorials and knowledge of hooks and filters. hybrid is good for mass production of small business websites like grainedecaillou.com , where the malleable template (free download) comes with front page logo customization and slider configuration options
- Ashford framework comes with a lot of options that make it a good candidate for corporate web sites that want professionnal look at a good price : 49$ is worth it when you compare the amount of plugins you'd have to buy, or test and debug, to do the same job : mobile version, pre defined page template and layouts, image content animations, mega menus,
- Studio press genesis framework is perfect for large websites with a lot of posts and pages that need to be organized in a clear and standard layout. A good example is tiarvro.org , where all plugins are neatly integrated in margins (each page or post can choose 1, 2 or 3 column layout)
Drag & drop layout building frameworks are an ambitious call for WYSIWYG theme building. They come at a non negligeable price and without a doubt require extensive developer testing before they are put to production
- Platform Pro from pagelines (from 79$): customize page layout by using drag and drop for sections, then choose one of your 5 predefined layouts on a page by page basis.
- Carrington build (500$) : much more powerful framework that allows page by page content configuration via widget dra and drop. GReat work that includes the ability to create rows of multiple columns content, each cell being drag and drop enabled for sepecific contents : post images, rich text, predefined quote, callout, or databse extraction such as sub menu or anything wordpress widgets can do.
We publish a new version of our famous and beloved xls2mysql : Excel to Mysql converter
- add a new choice to use first row as column name or predefined column name
- create specific column type depending on excel colum type
- Excel number : float
- Excel currency : decimal (10,2)
- Excel Date : date
- Low price - free trial : click here
ever dreamed of the ideal development tool for Iphone, Ipad ? Well we've started to investigate the subject of going mobile in a cross hardware compatible manner. Today we go more precisely into mobile publishing, with the LAker technology that uses HTML5 to enable easy digital publishing on iphones and ipads.
Being specifically target for Apple, the Laker framework is a set of development features that allow
- various content type publishing : text, photo galleries, videos
- automatic content resizing for the devices
works without a web server, means the app you'll develop is autonomous on the device and does not require an internet connection to read.
Another similar development tool is phoneGap (already mentionned), works on 6 platforms using web standards : http://www.phonegap.com/