vosao CMS is a java based CMS for google apps engine : meaning free web host for this free opensource CMS. Not a lot top say on the interface side, the project is notable because it works for Google App Engine. Vosao CMS features include visual (WYSIWYG) editing, friendly URLs, internationalization, parent/child page structure, nested and programmable templates, commenting (with moderation), site import/export, content versioning, security and group management, resource management, captcha, Google Analytics, plugins, input forms, SEO URLs, and more, along with free hosting on the Google cloud.
Built from the Code Igniter template, Ionize CMS comes with a lot of features we love : drag & drop tree structure, multi tyope content (images gallery a just a tab away from the page / article editor), multilingual structure, and a flash based file uploader. Interactions are performed by the mochaUI library, a clean and original Mootools project . Ionize Project is still young and not very active, and is a live example of an opensource application that can afford to survive without a user forum, even though the Code Igniter forum follows it closely. But we believe with a form maker module Ionize CMS would quickly surpass other simple CMS alternatives such as our beloved silverstripe.
version 0.92 is opensource and version 1 has been released privately
Link : http://www.ionizecms.com/en/
The quality of web based open source application is stunning. Here is a selection of newbies for PHP / Mysql users
- Slimstats is a new player in the web analytics business. Competes with piwik on the real time stats feature that is not in google analytics
- todoyu is a tasks and project management application
- OTRS is a perl based open source trouble ticket system for easily managing support requests in a multi-agent interface. The application can auto-convert e-mails into tickets (e-mail piping) which "eliminates the need of using the web interface" for customers.
- Razuna is a java based digital asset management software with advanced search tools and collaboration features
- W-Script is an open source application which is originally aimed at creating "wallpaper download websites". It is a very ideal resource for building any gallery-themed or image-oriented website like CSS galleries, photo galleries ,etc.
- Backpress is still new but promising : the code has been released from the core of WordPress and is now living its own existence as a framework
- jcore is a multi site cms
- Diem Project : symfony + Zend based CMS
One step further into the drag & drop AJAX cms adminstration we're all looking for : Automne CMS, developped by french based WS Interactive company, implements block management via ext js library features, that come near to a full drag and drop interface. The content is added in pages through a template based row system that gives large flexibility over the final layout of the bloks within the page. Learning curve would typically require a few days work before a developer really gets into the multi template system.