Using the RSS feature of Mangeto to update your wall automatically is an easy task that you can finish in ea few inutes tuime, when you know where to go.
- Magento's default layout is shipped with a rss page that requires activation in the admin, in the system->configuration, check rss feed to activate the /rss page that displays available feeds (check out our example on Rue de Siam)
- Import your feed to your facebook page or profile to get new produtcs or product special published automatically on your wall :
- Connect to facebook, and click "My Notes" from the navigational menu. If you have already entered notes on your page, then they will load for you to preview or edit.
- If you have not written an article, write one that announces the rss publication (e.g. new articles coming soon), in order to enable the settings menu. Select the "Import Blog" or "Edit Import Settings" link in the Notes Setting section. If you are already importing from a blog, the URL will appear here. Remeber that in the Notes applications, you can only import from 1 source at a time. To change the url of the feed, click "Stop Importing"
- Enter the URL for the RSS feed in the box. Check the box next to the statement that you actually own the content.
- Click the "Start Importing" button. Facebook will import the content of the RSS feed for you to preview. If everything looks good, then go ahead and hit the "Continue" button. Now your RSS feed is automatically imported into your "Notes" section.
- Administrators note : Facebook RSS in articles application will not put a heavy load on your server , as they are pulled every 2 hours, but be careful of heavy loads if you have a larger reader base as images will be loaded from full article display in facebook