Whoever has had the opportunity to work with silverstripeundesrtands how the drag and drop features can enhance productivity. Modules in Silverstriupe CMS are great but are wholly integrated within the full framework and cannot work without the huge memory and disk overhead that this framework comes with. I decided to develop my own independent image gallery admin module, using php / mysql / jquery technologies from the examples below.
The idea is to develop a full featured image gallery with backend features, like the one we have for eyelash gallery, product developped by me a few years ago.
This post provides version 0.1 of JQGallery, an administration module for image gallery management. It has been tested on Firefox /Chrome and will not work with IE6. Please note that it is not secure, not to be used as such in a production environment yet.
Let me know if you find bugs. A demo is available here (upload / delete are disabled)
Installation is quite easy :
- check that your server matches the following requirements : php 5 / mysql 5
- download EYELASH 3 GALLERY ADMINISTRATOR MODULE
- unzip to a folder within htdocs
- configure mysql access in db_mysql.inc.php with database details (server / database / user / password)
- manually create the table : load the sql setup file from includes/setup.sql in your database, using phpMyAdmin
- check that the apache has read/ write privileges on the uploads folder
- and off you go
- come back to use with bug reports and enhancement requests
code samples used to develop JQGalleryAdmin :
- drag & drop code
- swfupload + plugin
- swfupload event customization
- jquery prompt plugin : impromptu was tested but not used
- instead I use alert :
- images and style sheet elements from bluetrip css framework