(Press release) we are pleased to announce the availability of osTube 2.3!
Our core development team for the osTube 2.x branch again did an amazing job and brought over 150 enhancements and bugfixes to the framework. Moreover, the database and their queries were optimized so that the performance of database queries could be significantly increased (up to 150%, depending on the queries).
And the very best: Our flash developers finished the new media player so that we could bundle it with the current release. The new player is now widescreen (16:9), faster (ActionScript3 code) and has a lot of new settings that you can play with. All osTube Professional (Plus) Edition owners will be happy to hear that all video ad's are now fully integrated directly into the player and that external websites (when embedded) will also show the advertisements.
As you know, AUVICA introduced a daily forum support since version 2.0 in 2007. This year AUVICA has sponsored a new core developer that will take care of the future updates in the next years. His name is Andreas and you will see him around here or in the forum once in a while.
Andreas will also take care of regular minor updates where needed.
The most important enhancements for 2.3 are:
• Easy updater for osTube versions 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2
• Brand-New ViMP Mediaplayer in widescreen (16:9) with even more options
• Sidebar integration for related or further media directly in the media player
• "Lights off"-Mode that will automatically darken the browser window when watching videos
• Google Maps Support to geotag media and users
• Optimized Rich-Text-Editor for description fields
• Easy Google analytics integration from within the admin panel
• Database and SQL Query optimizations
• Refined template structure to add custom layout
• Thumbnails are optimized
• plus over 150 smaller enhancements and bugfixes